Welcome to our sewing classes section. If you are interested in learning how to sew or embroider for family or for business, you have come to right place. We offer a full assortment of classes dedicated to getting you up to speed on the latest sewing techniques and embroidery techniques. Check out the various classes print them off and give us a call when you are ready to get started.
March 2014 Classes
Project: Martha Pullen Gift of the Month Headband
Dates: Saturday 1st Tuesday 4th Wednesday 5th or Thursday 6th
Kit fee: $17
Supplies: Basic supply list PLUS: white sewing thread with matching bobbin , 5 x 7 hoop
Embroidery threads ---White, PFP52 Spray adhesive, #11 embroidery needle , #12 universal, Twin 4.0 needle, Fast turn(optional), fusible no show mesh for 5 x 7 hoop and 2 empty bobbins.
New comers are encouraged to come and join the group of happy sewers.
Date: March February 11th
Time: 9:00 – 12:00
Supplies: You will need 5 different but blending 100% cotton fabrics, washed, dried and ironed.
Thread to match.
Doll Dress Luncheon
Come have fun with us while we sew a dress for a 18-22” doll. Just sewing (no embroidery)
Some serging, bring yours or use mine.
Date: March 27
Time 9:00- until
Basic Supply list: Royal Blue sewing thread and empty bobbin.
Bring your favorite covered dish
Need a private class. Call me. I do private sewing machine instruction and software classes. $25.00 an hour with a limit of 2 hours. Gennie
Supply List: Plus each class for supplies
Machine, accessories and all the hoops unless otherwise stated.
- Embroidery attachment
- 4" x 14" ruler
- Rotary Cutter with good blade
- Black, white and off white sewing threads
- Variety of embroidery threads
- Disappearing marking pen and chalk marker
- Dress maker and embroidery scissors
- Glass head pins
- New needles (assorted of universal) including a #16 wing
- Extra bobbins (embroidery and sewing)
DO NOT FORGET YOUR POWER CORD, FOOT CONTROL AND SEWING FEET. We do not have these to loan.
Class and Club etiquette
- Please be set up and ready to sew by class time
- NO perfume or scented lotions.
- Cell phones have to be turned to vibrate and answered out of the class room!
- If you chew gum, please do it quietly.
- Classes fill fast sometime creating a waiting list. If you need to cancel, please notify us as soon as possible so we can offer your slot to someone else. Once a kit is cut, it is yours and we can no longer transfer money from one class to another.
Your Kit may be picked up after class. We hold kits for 3 months after a class.
- As hard as we try we can not please everyone with a project, color, fabric etc.
- Remember this is a learning process and not a pleasing contest.