Welcome to our sewing classes section. If you are interested in learning how to sew or embroider for family or for business, you have come to right place. We offer a full assortment of classes dedicated to getting you up to speed on the latest sewing techniques and embroidery techniques. Check out the various classes print them off and give us a call when you are ready to get started.
April 2014 Classes
CSE-Club Project: two quick in the hoop projects to get you started on your gifts for the year.
Dates: Tuesday 1st Wednesday 2nd Thursday 3rd or Saturday 5th
Kit fee: $17
Supplies: There is no sewing to either project so you will not need any sewing feet. You will need Embroidery thread Floriani # PF 502 (a golden yellow) with a bobbin filled with color, beige and med gray sewing thread. If you have a machine with a hoop larger than a 5 x 7 you can do a larger design. If you have a small machine with a 5 x 7 hoop you can do the design twice. Bring a sheet of tear away and Wet n Gone to fit whatever you intend to you use.
New comers are encouraged to come and join the group of happy sewers.
Date: Tuesday 8th
Time: 9:00 – 12:00
Supplies: You will need 5 different but blending 100% cotton fabrics, washed, dried and ironed. Thread to match.
I am sorry I have to take a break, but if you need a private class give me a call.
Need a private class. Call me. I do private sewing machine instruction and software classes. $25.00 an hour with a limit of 2 hours. Gennie
Supply List: Plus each class for supplies
Machine, accessories and all the hoops unless otherwise stated.
- Embroidery attachment
- 4" x 14" ruler
- Rotary Cutter with good blade
- Black, white and off white sewing threads
- Variety of embroidery threads
- Disappearing marking pen and chalk marker
- Dress maker and embroidery scissors
- Glass head pins
- New needles (assorted of universal) including a #16 wing
- Extra bobbins (embroidery and sewing)
DO NOT FORGET YOUR POWER CORD, FOOT CONTROL AND SEWING FEET. We do not have these to loan.
Class and Club etiquette
- Please be set up and ready to sew by class time
- NO perfume or scented lotions.
- Cell phones have to be turned to vibrate and answered out of the class room!
- If you chew gum, please do it quietly.
- Classes fill fast sometime creating a waiting list. If you need to cancel, please notify us as soon as possible so we can offer your slot to someone else. Once a kit is cut, it is yours and we can no longer transfer money from one class to another.
Your Kit may be picked up after class. We hold kits for 3 months after a class.
- As hard as we try we can not please everyone with a project, color, fabric etc.
- Remember this is a learning process and not a pleasing contest.